BD MICROTAINER® BLOOD COLLECTION TUBES: SERUM
Designed for whenever only the smallest amounts of blood are required. BD Microtainer™ Tubes with Microgard™ Closure are color coded to correspond with the type of blood collection and are marked with the correct filling level for the anticoagulant.
BD Microtainer™ tubes are used for the collection, transport and processing of capillary or venous blood from skin puncture. It is ideal for use with infants, children, geriatrics and emergency patients whenever only the smallest amounts of blood are required.
- Wider diameter (8mm) for ease of collection and improved mixing
- Color-coded caps correspond to the standard Vacutainer™ color-coding system for easy identification
- Available with a variety of additives for use in various tests
- Amber-tinted tubes are available for light sensitive analytes
- Integrated collection scoop and visible fill lines
- Microgard™ “twist assist” closure reduces the risk of splatter when removing the cap to protect against exposure
- Closure can be used with a tube extender for use in 13mm x 75mm racks